TRAVEL ADVICE FOR BOTSWANA
Travel preparation is the key to hassle free trip to Botswana. By doing your homework before you leave for Botswana, you could very well lower the prospect of anything going wrong. Lots of visitors regularly regret for not taking these basic pre travel steps prior to making your way to Botswana.
Obtain the most up to date medical services obtainable and travel health recommendation for Botswana from the table below. You will, also, find a broad range of facts that can assist you plan for a safe and fulfilling travel to Botswana and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Botswana
Travel insurance advise for Botswana
Travel advice for Botswana
Travel Health Advice For Botswana
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Botswana
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Botswana and travel vaccination immunisation for botswana are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Botswana.
The travel health information for Botswana provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Botswana for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Botswana Travel Insurance
- Ensure that you understand exactly what your travel insurance covers as they are not unlimited. It may not cover you for cancellation or change to travel plans.
- Clarify any policy issues directly with the insurer.
- Ensure that medical cover is adequate for possible expenses in Botswana. Ensure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Generally, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items such as cameras, laptops and/or jewellery may have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Standard exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies such as acts of civil unrest, self inflicted injury, loss/theft of unattended baggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance policies may be invalidated where injuries are sustained under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Botswana
- Check the latest travel advice for Botswana from any of the following sources: UK travel advice for Botswana, US State Department travel warnings for Botswana or Canadian government travel advice for Botswana.
- Take out an appropriate travel insurance for Botswana to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to Botswana.
- Before travelling to Botswana register your travel and contact details online or at your local embassy or consulate once you arrive in Botswana, so they can contact you in an emergency.
- Obey the Batswana law. Consular assistance cannot override local Batswana laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Botswana or countries you are visiting or transiting. Be aware that a Batswana visa does not guarantee entry into Botswana.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate location to the originals and leave a copy with a friend or relative at home.
- Confirm with doctors for facts about recommended vaccinations or some other precautions for Botswana and see about Botswana procedures on travelling with prescription drugs.
- Leave a copy of your trip itinerary with a friend or relative at home and maintain regular contact with family and friends while in Botswana.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Botswana.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Botswana
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Botswana will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Batswana embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Batswana Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012